Tuesday, November 20, 2012

From $0 now at $500



What excites me most is that this time around I am building my bankroll from $0. I've never done it this way before and it might come in handy in case another improbable catastrophic event sends me to the rail. Before this, bankroll building came down to a formula that I learned how to skip the ugly parts and go straight to the easy part. Basically, whenever I return to poker, I just start with a $400 deposit through my BPI mastercard at pokerstars and start grinding $4.40 180-mans with $3.30, $4.40 and $5.50 MTTs until I get to $1000. It almost never fails. Then work my way from there.

This time, I came back broke (online) as I somehow managed to go broke with the $500 I initially deposited. My real life finances and ventures prevented me from redepositing again soon, perhaps I could have at the end of December soonest. I guess this was a blessing in disguise, as I learned a great way to start a beautiful new beginning. Plus I got the opportunity to work on my cash games strategy which has always bored me in the past. 

With the busy life I'm living between business, family and financial obligations, cash games might be the way to go for me in the future for a very good reason -- I can quit whenever I quit. Take for example my adorable 5-year old autistic little girl who like to bother me in the middle of my play time. For me this means I need to quit playing as in NOW to attend to her needs. If I was in the middle of a tournament, this would be disastrous, as it can last from 5 to 9 hours. But with cash games, thankfully I'm done as soon as I sit out.

I'll post a screenshot of my online bankroll as soon as I get a copy of a photoediting software as my new Acer Aspire Core i3/Geforce GT630m laptop doesn't have any when I installed the Windows 8 release preview last August.

More to come...


No comments: