Wednesday, November 28, 2012

running bad but not playing bad...

Not exactly... So during this time I was at 25NL ($0.10-$0.25 blinds) and came with 2 major swings that almost erased my previous gains. I would probably have been up another $200 if I was able to stop myself from tilting. That's what happens when you let running bad, coupled with a series of bad beats get mixed up with bad play.

The next time, I got above $500 bankroll, I did take a shot at 50NL ($0.25-$0.50 blinds) knowing fully well that with the current roll I have, I can easily get myself broke with a string of bad luck, and worse if mixed with its twin brother bad play. BR went up to a little over $700 briefly, and had its lows at around $450 all in 8000 hands. This time around though, during those brief few thousand hands that I was running bad, I kept checking myself to see if I was tilting and playing bad... not there anymore. Still I have to make conscious effort preparing for unlucky streaks that come in cycles and making sure that I still have my head.

A week of roller coaster action, and I'm up to $672.69, got to Goldstar VIP Level in the process, cleared a $50 milestone credit and 6,253 VIP points. Well at least when things start to go really bad, I'll be able to cash in my points for $75 + $50 = $125. That would be enough to start a beautiful new beginning in case I go broke.

I'm hoping to break the $1000 bankroll, by next week. Cheers.

No comments: