Wednesday, October 24, 2012

4 years later...

and here i am. I can't believe it's been 4 years since I last wrote in this blog. So what went on during that time you say? Well, Life happened. Among others, my little girl now turned 5, built a small business in Caticlan, I was in a brink of death with my gallbladder about to explode (had a surgery to remove it) and of course my share of highs and lows of poker. 

Mind you I didn't quit in poker. Or maybe I did, then came back, and quit again and came back. It's more of breaks from poker rather than throwing the towel for good. It's a love-hate relationship, but I always returned. I've had streaks of losing months, but I never had losing years since 2008. 

Part time poker has also contributed about 1/3 of my total income yearly. Sometimes a little bit higher or lower but it enabled me to afford a few frivolous things for my long time girl friend, Kaye.

So what's new? This past couple of weeks I came back with zero dollars, and 900 FPPs @ pokerstars. This year I took several financial hits and unexpected expenses in life, so I can't afford to deposit a proper starting bankroll of $500 for me to start with the $4.40 that I always crush. I played a few FPP turbos and turbo rebuy tourneys, unregistered in target tournaments and ended up with $17 Tourney dollars and about 30 FPPs left. Over the past week, I played mostly $1.50 90-man knockouts, $2.50 90-mans, $1.10 MTTs and ended up with $107.79.

It's so fucking boring to start over again from scratch. But that's how I keep doing it when building bankrolls. I'll probably keep doing this until I have about $400 or I get bored. Next stop will be the $3.30, $4.40 and $5.50 MTTs. One of these days, I'll sit down and focus for a few months to build a more real bankroll so I can finally graduate from the microstakes and move to the mid-high stakes tourneys. The height of my career was probably close to $10k roll before life took its share of the spoils.

Stay tuned for more on my comeback...


No comments: