Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When you're not used to NOT making the final table

Yesterday July 2 was very uneventful. I spent about $80 in tournament buyins, and made zero final tables. To my surprise, I still managed to be up $20 mostly out of ITM cashes close to the final table. Today July 3 was very uneventful. Again zero final tables. I probably spent about $120 in tournament buyins today.

Now this is bothering me. Occasionally, I get into cold streaks. My longest cold streak in Fulltilt was 100 tournaments before I made my next final table. Since last month, my longest losing streak was probably just around 20 games, maybe less. Today, I was probably about 25 tournaments downstream.

I'm so not used to not winning anymore. Not making a final table when you have done it with regular frequency raises bells that there's something wrong. I think I might need a break and get a slightly different outlook.

Anyway, that's a 2 day setback. I'll see if I can get back on track tomorrow. I still have $4,100 to grind.

2 comments:

Ross said...

"When on a slump, blog instead." That's what I always say.

Nice writing. I hope you don't tire updating it.

I'll link you once I get the chance.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog Pokerweblogs.com. .It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.